Saturday, January 10, 2009

Some things that have been keeping me busy...

My December daily. I have had it finished for a little while but am just now getting around to posting it. This was a lot of fun and I am really glad I did it. The only thing I would probably do differently next year would be to have it assembled in advance.







This represents the past 16 years of my life in photos. I recently finished putting them into chronological order and putting them into albums. The photos are also backed up onto CD for safe keeping. No more guilt about pictures that haven't been scrapped yet or worry about my hard drive crashing. Ahhhhh, the freedom.


This is a little something that took 10 years to complete! My parents gave me two maps to collect the newly issued state quarters as they came out for my children. So, for the past 10 years I have been scrutinizing my change to see if it contained a coin I needed. I even enlisted the assistance of my husbands bookkeeper once! At long last it is done, complete, finished. I have told my mother to never, ever give me a gift that requires a 10 commitment.


Last weekend we painted my daughters room.
This weekend it is my sons turn! I will share pictures of the before and after once both rooms are complete.

We are growing a bacteria farm for fun! We have collected 5 samples from around the house and will have to wait 12 days to see the final results. It has several days and the results thus far are quite alarming! We check on them every night and document our results. The kids think it's pretty cool.
The dog pictured above is the "farmer". He oversees the growth of our crops.
This is one of the germ discs that we use to cover the top and make sure the environment is dark. I think he's kinda cute!

So, that it about it. I gotta go complete some more projects.
Tricia

7 comments:

DeAnna said...

Sweet! Your December Daily looks great, I can't wait to see Peyton's room, the quarter collection would have gone in the garbage if I had it, the albums is a piece of work in itself and the Bacteria Farm is a Way Rad idea. Cool stuff over in your part of the world!

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, you've been busy!
Love your December daily-- it looks great!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Looks like you've been doing a lot of fun things! I love your December Daily. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW. So you are making me feel super lazy right about now. :) Your DD looks so good! On the cover tag, is that digi or rub-on? If it's digi I have to get with it and learn more! I know it would make my life so much easier. Everything looks so fun. The pics make me miss you guys. Where did you get that bacteria farm? I don't know if I'm grossed out or totally intrigued.

Nicole said...

your album turned out AWESOME...and you are one busy lady, lol!! have a great week!! =)

Anonymous said...

you are incredible...how do you get all of this done and then have time or the energy to blog about it!

you amaze me...

g

Chasity Grace said...

i love your december daily book. its so cute! love the colors as well.

 

blogger templates |