Saturday, May 30, 2009

A little somethin' vintage

This is a little vintage project that I made to represent our family.

The frame is actually new, but I distressed it to make it appear weathered. I used some of my German glass glitter that is one of my most favorite things! Each tag represents a little something about our family. The "W" represents our family last name, the butons are to represent how we mend and hold each other together. The pearls represent "the pearls of wisdom" and the key unlocking them. The flower and the charm (a rosary emblem that I found) represent how we grow in our faith ( we are not Catholic, it is just a representation). The heart represents our love for eachother and the milk cap represents how we nourish each other.

So there you have it, a bit of my thinking behind my creation. I hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by,
Tricia

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!

DeAnna said...

Gorgeous!!! I love it. Good job!! I love all the symbolism. Very cool. Where are you gonna hang it?

Jen said...

this is so thoughtful and loving.
i love how you put so much of yourself into making this for your family. it is absolutely lovely.
just like you.

 

blogger templates |