Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A bit of an explanation

So I realized a little something that had not occurred to me before. I realized that this layout that I had posted before deserves a bit more of an explanation. See, at first it doesn't look like much, but there is so much hidden within the layers.




The text that is behind the picture are actually lyrics to a song. Have you ever heard a song that "speaks" to you, that says everything that you want to say so much that you wished that YOU had written it? This song is like that for me in regards to how I feel about my husband. Here are the lyrics if you care to read them (if not skip to next section):

HOME

You are the world within the world that I exist
You are the touch that just won't fade
You are the end and beginning of each and every day
You are the reason I stay sane

It's hard to see beautiful
Oh, it's hard to see beautiful
In your own eyes
But you make me beautiful
For the very first time

Does anybody know what it's like
To feel larger than life
To look deep in your soul
And know you're not alone
Does anybody know how it feels
To find something that's real
And make it your own
That's when you know that you found Home
Home
You found home
Home

And when the strings inside me
Unravel to the ground
You are the hand that gathers me up
And when I'm laughing so hard
That I can hardly breathe
How do you know just when enough's enough

Oh, it's hard to feel beautiful
Oh, it's hard to feel beautiful in your own skin
But you make me
You make me beautiful
Over and over again

Does anybody know what it's like
To feel larger than life
To look deep in your soul
And know you're not alone
Does anybody know how it feels
To find something that's real
And make it your own
That's when you know that you found home
Home
You found home
Home

Don't let me down
'Cause I've waited all my life
To find you

Does anybody know what it's like
To feel larger than life
To look deep in your soul
And know you're not alone
Does anybody know how it feels
To find something that's real
And make it your own
That's when you know that you found home
Home
You found home
That's when you know that you found home
Home
You found home
Home


So now that you know what the text says, let me explain the photo a bit. I am not sure if you can actually tell what the photo is or not. In real life it is not as hard to decipher, but this is not real life, so I will explain.
The base image is a vintage photo of a house. On top of that I layered a "screened" image of my husband and I kissing. Can you see it now?
To further emphasize the theme of home and love I added a key and a keyhole, the tools to unlocking home and heart.
So that is about it, but I hope that it offers a bit more of an understanding of what I was attempting to convey with this piece.

And just for posterity, here is a video of Katherine McPhee singing the song of my heart. To me, there is nothing like watching a singer perform a song that they obviously feel so deeply. I hope that you enjoy it.


Thank you for coming by!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Really beautiful! I love how you scrapped a thought and the imagery. Very clever! I'm a huge fan of Katharine also! :-)

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Love those lyrics!!!!TFS!

 

blogger templates |