Saturday, July 23, 2011

This is one of the fantastic, unbelievable views up at Patrick's Point State Park. This place is full of natural splendor and beauty and I truly enjoy spending time up here.
My kids and I spent a week camping at Patrick's Point with both of my sisters and their families and a few friends. In all we had a group of 13 that took up 2 camp sites. Here is a glimpse of one of the sites. This picture was taken from the rim trail and our tent is the blue one.
Here is what was directly behind our tent.Magnificent,isn't it? We were lulled to sleep by the sound of crashing waves every single night. It was such a pleasure and a sound that no "sound machine" no matter how sophisticated can every reproduce!
This is a view of the "puppy palace" where the doggies camped out some of the time.
They were even given chairs to lounge in by the campfire. Tell me these dogs aren't spoiled?! lol
The littles enjoying some beach time.

Here is a view of Palmer's Point. We went down at low tide and had lots of fun tide pooling. Getting down isn't really a problem, there is a well maintained, albeit steep, trail. It is quite a hike up however, but well worth the efforts!
My nephews and my son checking out the sea life in the tide pools. I thought for a moment one of my nephews was going to get a little wet because he was so close to the water and precariously perched on a rock. lol
There were sea anemones, urchins and starfish EVERYWHERE!

We even got to see some seals sunning themselves on the rocks. This is just a few of them but they were my favorite because of the two babies. Aren't they just the cutest little things you ever saw?!?!?
That's a small glimpse into my camping trick. I took some photos on me and my son's nature walk that I will share with you in a future post. For now, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

 

blogger templates |