Sunday, August 7, 2011

Basically Bare rockin' my world!

Hi there, welcome back! Today I'd like to share a project I did using some gears from Basically Bare and a couple of vintage settings and epoxies from Epiphany Crafts and some papers from October Afternoon's "Rocket Age" line. The photograph on this layout is a little dark and a tiny bit blurry, but since I took it on my first trip to Chicago, I really wanted to scrap it. To keep the feel from looking too dark I used lighter papers to mat the photo and surround it which really helped a lot.
On the gears I misted them first with Shimmerz Coloringz. I used Valentino, Mama Sings the Blues and Anchors Away. On the red one I misted the gear, then sprayed a grid stamp and stamped on top of that. With the other two gears I wanted the effect to be a bit more subtle, so I unscrewed the lid and dribbled some of the pigment directly onto the pieces. The drops mimic the drops on the October Afternoon and help create greater unity to the page.
To finish them off I made two custom epoxies and placed those inside of a couple Epiphany Crafts vintage settings. Once everything was dry I traced around the gears to give them greater emphasis. Love the way they turned out. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday. See ya next time!

No comments:

 

blogger templates |