Monday, August 11, 2008

Vacation blogging: Day 2 & 3

I have fallen a bit behind on my intentions to blog our vacation. Oh well, I am on vacation. :0) Alrighty, let's see...

Sunday- day 2 We went to a beach aptly named "Dog beach". I am willing to bet that you can guess why. I don't know why I didn't get a picture of the absolutely joyous mayhem that was taking place as more dogs than humans ran around the beach. I have never seen such a site in all of my life! I seemed as though every single type of dog known to mankind was in attendance that day, andhappily playing along with each other. It was quite delightful to watch. The kids were in the water constantly, and if they had their way, would still be there. They did however take a brief break to do this...

We came home after a few hours at the beach and barbecued dinner and ate alfresco. After we ate we took a walked down to the beach and watched the sunset.


On the way home we stopped at a yogurt shop for s refreshing treat then came home and played cards.

Day 3

Today we went to the USS Midway. It was enormous, easily 2 blocks long. When you board you are given a set of headphones for the audio tour. It was cool to listen to the explanations of what we were looking at and hear commentary from people who actually served on the ship. You are free to go most places on the ship at your own pace. It was like a giant maze that one could easily get lost in.

We went down to the Brig (jail). We became momentary prisoners.

The kids got to sit in the cockpit of quite a few planes which they thoroughly enjoyed, though it paled in comparison to getting to flying a flight simulator!
This thing was crazy! It went every which way you can think of, which made me and Tanner kind of sick. We chose to end our ride before it's 3 minute time limit. Believe me, it was none too soon!

When we left the ship we went to check out an enormous statue of the famous photo of a WWII Navy soldier kissing a nurse in time square called "Unconditional Surrender".

Then we went down to the historic Gaslamp Quarter. We did some shopping and got the kids some cool new kicks for school.
We went to dinner at Sardina's then drove around in Old Town San Diego.
We came home and played a few hands of Uno and watched the Olympics. I stayed up late finishing this book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos. That sunset is just amazing. Looks like a fun, relaxing time for your family. Take care.

Kimbo

 

blogger templates |