Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What I've been up to

Today started quite early for me. I woke up at 2:00 am for no good reason. This has been happening more frequently than I prefer. I was finally able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours before waking up to take the kids to school. The kids go to a small school out in the country. On any given day it is not uncommon for us to pass tractors on our way to school. This time of year it is not unusual for us to spot these either.

This morning there were 7 hot air balloons floating in the sky near the kids' school. It was a beautiful site to see.

I had an appointment today, so I was off of work. The appointment took less time than expected, so I had the rest of the day to myself. I am supremely happy about scoring this deal:


Yes, that's right, it was $23.99! It is 3.5 feet wide and 3.5 feet tall! I couldn't buy a plain canvas for that! I totally thought it must have been an error for it to be that cheap. Pretty cool, huh?


Here are the spoils I scored at an estate sale this weekend. I spent $1.25 for the lot! (not pictured is a deep glass bread baking dish)

The books are vintage hymnals. The oldest one dates back to 1913. I just love them and the history they contain.


On Tuesday I made the Catwalk at Scrap in Style for the second week in a row! That is totally crazy (but cool)! Last week my layout called "I simply adore this girl" was chosen. This week the layout "Pieces of me" that I did with my Scrappin' Homeys using the Elsie recipe cards was chosen. My friend Jen, one of the homeys, also made the Catwalk this week!


Last, but not least, is the project I finished for my class at SIStv with Wilna. It is a great class and she is a great teacher. She is totally organized and comes up with unique project ideas that are fun to do. We altered a Starbuck's cup and made it into an album. I still have to put pictures and journaling in it, but I am excited to have finished it in time to move onto the next project.


Best of all I did not buy ONE new item to complete this project. I tapped into my stash and used supplies I already had. I did get a cup from Starbuck's, but they gave it to me for free so that doesn't count. :0)

So there are the hilights: good deals, pretty balloons, more good deals, scrapbookin' lovin' and a fun project! What else is there?

~Tricia

5 comments:

DeAnna said...

Your album looks great!! The only thing I have gotten done is cutting everything out. Congrats on the catwalk! 2 weeks in a row?? WooHoooo!!

Anonymous said...

This post makes me completely jealous. I miss those balloons. They always make you happy when you see them and something about so many in a small area is just magical. Thanks for the photo. I am profusely jealous of those hymnals! Oh my snot. Profusely, profusely jealous.

Anonymous said...

oh man! seeing hot air ballons on the way to school. so inspiring. and love the little mini! too cute!

Jen said...

so much...how do i comment???
i love what you did with the coffee cup album and kudos for using your on hand stash!!
i got as far as decorating most of the pages with pp...but other than that...~sigh~...
i am seriously a homebody and am getting frustrated with being away so much :( not to mention my house...oh, well... *tangent*
after this week my life should be back to normal!
love your vintage scores!
and i love the hot air balloons!
ok...that is enough for now!
ttyl!

Anonymous said...

wow what a great album. I missed that class. bummer!

We use to get hot air balloons around all the time, but I don't see them much anymore. Miss those bursts of color in the sky.

 

blogger templates |